Chemistry Stockroom Reopening Plan 2020
The chemistry stockroom staff will strictly follow the university safety and health guidelines/directives as issued from time to time. Masks will be worn when interacting with users and social distancing will be enforced for all users and vendors. The stockroom, as an added layer of safety, will request the installation of plexiglass in the main stockroom countertop area to protect the staff from direct air contact with users/vendors. BSB/Regents General Chemistry office desk will be at least 6 feet away from the serving door. The stockroom staff will use hand sanitizers and handwashing as outlined in the university safety and health guidelines.
The stockroom entrance doors will be used main social distancing requirements.
• The BSB stockroom door lower section will be closed all the time and no user or shipper will be allowed in. Signage will be used to indicate social distancing and mask enforcement
• The main stockroom has a half door within the main entrance which will be closed all the time. Entrance will be restricted by the staff. Signage will be used on the floor to show where users can wait for permission to enter. Signage will also be used outside the main door to indicate social distancing and use of masks.
Number of users
• BSB/ Regents General Chemistry: No users will be allowed in the stockroom. All users will be served through the door, one at a time. Signage will be used for social distancing for waiting users.
• Regents main stockroom: No more than 2 users will be allowed in the stockroom. Signage will be used for social distancing for waiting users.
• Gas storage and solvent rooms: only one user at a time will be allowed in the gas storage and solvent rooms.
Inventory, ordering and shipping
1. Inventory items:
a) BSB/ Regents General Chemistry: Users will be served through the door. Items will be logged in individual lab accounts by the staff .
b) Regents Main: Only 2 users at a time will be allowed to pick and log items.
2. Orders: All orders will be requested by email. No exceptions will be allowed. The stockroom will follow the financial restrictions and guidelines as issued by GCFO (Georgetown Chief Financial Office) while ordering and allocating cost to grants and budgeted funds.
3. Picking of orders: Picking of orders will be done in conformity with safety and social distancing guidelines. BSB/Regents General Chemistry stockroom orders will be handed to lab personnel through the main door. Regents main stockroom will allow only one lab personnel at a time to pick the orders. If the number of users increase over time, scheduling will be required to pick the orders. No deliveries will be done to GUMC as has been the practice. GUMC orders will be picked from the Regents main stockroom by the lab members or shipped directly to the labs as applicable.
4. Shipping: Shipping of orders to BSB stockroom or individual labs will be done where possible. There are possibilities of cost implications for the shipping to different location(s) as opposed to the centralized Regents Hall main stockroom depending on the vendor terms.
Stockroom Staff and Location
• BSB stockroom, Room 137: Nga Le (8 am to 4 pm, M-F)
• Regents General Chemistry stockroom, Room 213: Closed for Fall semester • Regents Main Stockroom, RH 139:
o Mary Thompson (9 am to 5 pm, M-F)
o John Ndiritu (8 am to 4 pm, M-F)